This new 4-STAR 64 EG ARF is a redesign of the original Four-Star 60 ARF, starting with the new name. The "64" in the name indicates the wingspan, which is more appropriate in today's R/C world than referring to the glow engine size. The "EG" means the airplane is designed for either Electric or Glow Power. The 4-STAR 64 EG flies well with a 2-stroke glow engine, a 4-stroke glow engine, or a brushless outrunner electric motor with a 3-4 cell lipo battery. It's your choice!
Other important upgrades in the new 4-STAR 64 include:
- Clipped wings! The 4-STAR 64 has had it's wing span clipped slightly, which improves the roll rate and overall maneuverability, with no loss of the original 4-STAR stability and slow flight characteristics. It still lands like a trainer!
- All the control surfaces (ailerons, elevator, and rudder) have been enlarged for better control response at slow speeds.
- Includes a new streamlined "Racing Style" Canopy. However, if you still prefer the traditional bubble shaped Four-Star canopy, you can still get that as an option. They both fit perfectly!
- Other upgrades include a molded Fiberglass Cowling and a removable Hatch on top of the fuselage for quick access to the battery/tank compartment. Also the top of the fuselage between the canopy and the fin (the turtle deck) is now fully sheeted with balsa for smoother appearance and greater strength.
- The 4-STAR 54 EG is a beautifully handcrafted all-wood ARF. This ARF is engineered for quick assembly with a minimal number of components. All the parts are CAD-drawn, laser cut, and jig assembled, so everything fits the way it should.
- Professionally covered with premium UltraCote (aka Oracover ) polyester covering material. Available in red or yellow base colors with complete factory applied markings.
|The SIG 4-STAR 64 ARF is easy to fly and makes an ideal choice for your first low wing airplane. Intermediate and advanced flyers will love it's maneuverability and smooth flight characteristics.|